We have very basic submission rules:
For all of our sakes - make sure you read through them at least one time before submitting your fanfiction works.
Attention: If you have a multiple chapter story to submit, PLEASE submit ONLY the first chapter until it has been APPROVED. It really takes a lot of time to go through every chapter and if the first one does not meet the guidelines than neither do the other chapters and you will have to do the same process all over again. So from now on, ALL chapter stories must have the first chapter submitted and APPROVED before submitting more.
All Authors: If your story has been rejected from this website, WE DO NOT KEEP COPIES. We have been asked if we could give a copy of a rejected story and we are sorry but we do not keep copies of any stories, of course except for the ones that have been accepted on this website. Please keep your own copies of your work, we won't keep them for you.
1. Your story needs to be a Sailor Moon story or a Sailor Moon crossover.
2. Please check your grammar and spelling. If it is not acceptable we will not approve your story. What is acceptable? Fewer than one mistake per hundred words, and absolutely no net-speak outside of an Internet chatroom type of setting. If you're not sure whether you're making mistakes or what your mistakes are, we recommend looking for a competent beta reader. This includes your title and summary.
3. No Hentai, Yaoi, Yuri, Shounen-ai or shoujo-ai. (X-Rated)
4. Don't submit anything that has excessive cussing or slang.
5. Submit your story in the proper format and category. For details, view the Help page.
6. No plagiarism. This includes copying someone else's fanfiction story and trying to claim it as your own. You also can't type in a book you liked or edit someone else's fanfic and call it your own. If you borrow ideas or characters from existing books or movies, make sure proper credit is given within the author's note inside the fic.
7. Make sure that ALL submissions are in .txt format, or copied and pasted into the text box in the submission page. The system will ONLY accept .txt or copied and pasted text stories.
8. All of the Sailor Moon character names must be spelled correctly. There's no excuse in fanfiction to get them wrong. You can use the dub names, or the original Japanese names, but stick to ONE or the OTHER, don't interchange mid-fic, mid-page, mid-paragraph or mid-sentence.
9. All chapters of a story (as opposed to a drabble, poem or songfic) or a one-shot story need to have at the bare minimum of around 800 words. If you are not sure how long your story is, you can check the word count by using Microsoft Word. Under the "Tools" menu is an option that says "Word Count" when you select that option, the program will tell you the number of words in your document. We will absolutely not tolerate one or two sentence chapters or stories. If your chapter or story is shorter than around 800 words and you feel you warrant exception, please email the SMFFQCC and we'll deliberate over it.
10. A fic that has been rejected may be resubmitted once the appropriate changes have been made. Resubmitting a fic without significant changes is a waste of your time and ours, and we reserve the right to be irritated.
11. By sumitting your stories to the archives it is possible we will choose to feature some and/or all of your work in future archive podcasts. If you wish to opt out of the podcast you may do so at anytime for a particular story and/or completely by sending an email to Bunny@SMFanFiction.net. Bunny will make sure you aren't podcasted if you do not wish to be.
If you have further questions, please see the Help page, the forums or email the SMFFQCC.
*Please note: If you didn't read the rules and your submission is rejected, don't come crying to us about it, we gave you ample warning.